The CPL Power-Speed Calculation Widget offers the key functionality to compute the speed of a cyclist given a certain power output or else the power output that
cyclist would require or would have required to achieve a certain speed. Additionally the widget will calculate time on course, given a specified course distance,
and aproximate energy and fuelling requirements throughout that time and distance. When embedded into a site the widget appears as under:
- Units. Select Metric or Imperial units.
- Weight. Specify the combined weight of the rider and bike, including any hydration, nutrition and accesories being carried.
- Road Gradient. Specify a gradient between +20 and -20%.
- Drag Area. Specify an estimate of the riders aerodynamic drag. The key factors which define this number are riding position and body size. The text comments help you identify the ranges
consistent with different riding positions - use values at the lower/higher end of the ranges for smaller/larger riders who are more/less aerodynamic.
- Coefficient of Rolling Resistance: Specify an estimate for the rolling resistance of the bicycle tyres. Again the text comments help you identify apropriate ranges - assuming always a road
of average quality asphalt.
- Calculate. Choose speed given power or power given speed.
- Distance. Specify a course distance to calculate time on course given speed and estimates of energy and nutritional demands.
Questions about the widget can be sent to the email address above.
Get This Widget
To include this widget in your website just copy and paste the following block of grey html.
<a href="https://www.cyclingpowerlab.com" style="display:table-cell">Analytics by www.CyclingPowerLab.com</a>
<iframe src="https://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/Widget.aspx?w=1" width="450px" height="525px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>